Marine Silicone Sealant – 90ml
Use the Marine Silicone Sealant for the building of fish tanks and aquarium, or almost any other heavy duty marine work. Ideal for general purpose sealing, waterproofing and weatherproofing requirements in and around the house.
The marine sealant is extremely resistant to UV, weathering, ageing and water, and offers excellent chemical resistance and is unaffected by alcohols, dilute acids and alkalis, soap and household detergents. The marine sealant remains flexible over a wide range of temperatures from -40°C to 100°C.
- Performs as an excellent adhesive on non-porous surfaces where an elastic gap-filling bond is required.
- It does not contain a fungicide which may be harmful to aquarium fish.
- Not suitable for alkaline surfaces such as concrete, fibrous cement, asbestos, plaster and marble.
- Not suitable for some metals i.e. mild steel, lead, copper, tin, galvanized iron, brass or zinc as it may cause corrosion.
- Cannot be over-painted.
- Not suitable where mould-resistance is required e.g. sealing of showers, basins and baths.
- It should not be used on the back of mirrors, as it will de-silver the mirror backing, affecting the front appearance of the mirror.
- Not suitable for contact with natural stone i.e. marble, granite, quartzite as it may discolour the surfaces.
- Will not adhere to some plastics such as polyethylene, polypropylene and Teflon.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 23 cm|